The standard commission structure is certainly a commonly asked question we receive from out of state buyers and sellers. In Arizona, the commissions are calculated from the sales price that the property ends up selling for. Here’s how the standard full service Phoenix area real estate companies charge for their services.
Commissions For Selling a Home in The Greater Phoenix Area
- The seller pays the full commissions of both buyer agent and listing agent
- The standard commission rate is 3 percent to the buyer’s agent, and 3 percent to the sellers agent= total of 6 percent of the sales price.
- In this standard case the commissions are paid once the home sells, so a seller usually will not have any out of pocket costs for the listing and marketing of their home.
- When listing with Arizona Golf & Sun Properties, the seller has no upfront costs on a standard home listing, and we will pay for the photography, and all upfront marketing costs until the home sells. Contact Us at 602.697.0029 to learn more about selling your home.
Commissions For Buying a Home in The Greater Phoenix Area
- As a buyer the commission for your agent is paid by the seller at the time of closing. This commission gets calculated the same as above which is 3 percent of the purchase price to the buyers agent.
- In some cases a brokerage may require a buyer broker agreement, which will guarantee the buyers agent a certain percentage of commission. This is in place to protect a broker incase someone didn’t want to pay the 3 percent commission.